Welcome to Energize Ohio! The work presented here is a compilation of the OSU Extension Energy Outreach Program (OSUEEOP) and the Energize Ohio OSU Extension Signature Program, both are a source for non-biased, research-based information addressing Ohio’s evolving energy landscape and critical energy issues impacting Ohioans. The OSU Extension Energy Outreach Program team meets monthly to discuss ongoing energy trends, programming and learn from invited guest speakers who present on current energy issues impacting Ohio. Recordings of past programs are listed below.
- Nov. 24, 2020 Dr. Charles (Chuck) Zelek, Special Advisor to the Assistant Secretary of the US Department of Energy Office of Fossil Energy
June 2020 DOE Report: The Appalachian Energy and Petrochemical Renaissance (An Examination of Economic Progress and Opportunities)
- Oct. 27, 2020 Dr. Thomas Murphy, Director Penn State Marcellus Center for Outreach & Research (MCOR)
Regional & Global Energy Transitions
- Sept. 2020 Yale School of the Environment - Interdisciplinary Water Study (Ohio, PA & WV)
- Sept. 24, 2020 Farm Science Review (Energy Tent) ~ Impacts of Shale Development in Eastern Ohio - Dan Lima & Gwynn Stewart
Powerpoint - Lima
Powerpoint - Stewart
- Aug. 25, 2020 - OSU Extension Energy Meeting Presentation "Incident Command System & Mutual Assistance" - Dave Callahan, AEP Ohio
- June 30, 2020 - OSU Extension Energy Meeting Presentation "Evironmental Impacts of Well Pad Construction" - AJ Smith with Hull and Associates
https://osu.zoom.us/rec/share/389qd4P0ykRJGaOStmT1QuliHKe0eaa81XAaqPQLn0bQgL-rWLBXVAUKMUBV xjvm (Access Password: 4Q%B2$&c)
- LEASING YOUR LAND FOR SHALE AND SOLAR WEBINAR RECORDINGS
00:00:00 Utilitiy Scale Solar Development and Construction Trends - Speaker: Eric Romich, Energy Development Specialist, Associate Professor, OSU Extension
00:42:00 Solar Leasing & Legal Issues - Speaker: Peggy Hall, Agriculture & Natural Resources Law Specialist, Associate Professor, OSU Extension
Solar Evaluation: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bekFJrNYArUpOAd
00:00:00 Leasing Farmland for Oil & Gas - Speaker: Clif Little, Agriculture & Natural Resources Educator, OSU Extension - Guernsey County
00:39:23 Re-seeding Pipeline Right-of-Ways - Speaker: Dan Lima, Agriculture & Natural Resources Educator, OSU Extension - Belmont County
01:06:00 Ohio Water Rights & Shale Production - Speaker: Erika Lyon, Agriculture & Natural Resources Educator, OSU Extension - Jefferson & Harrison Counties
Shale Leasing Evaluation: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0oLOWTzD31ZoNZH
00:00:00 Subsurface Considerations: What Are They Worth? - Speaker: Dan Lima, Agriculture & Natural Resources Educator, OSU Extension - Belmont County
00:35:15 Ohio's Dormant Mineral Act - Speaker: Peggy Hall, Agriculture & Natural Resources Law Specialist, Associate Professor, OSU Extension
Mineral Rights Evaluation: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3z3et2VV6ak938N
- Noble County's June Farm Talk Breakfast on Considering Solar for Residential, Business, and Farm - June 19, 2020
June's guest speaker was Ohio State's Energy Development Field Specialist- Eric Romich.
To accompany Eric's presentation were local business owner- Scott Braden and homeowner- Judy James, both of Caldwell that have installed solar in Caldwell. The meeting was recorded and can be viewed here:
Slides are available for download HERE.
- "Measuring Effects of Large-Scale Solar Projects in Ohio" (May 2020) Dr. Gilbert Michaud, Ohio University
Access Password to view: 6n=$^80.
Roy Klopfenstein, Paulding Co. Commissioner and Tim Copsey, Paulding Co. Economic Development Director
Access Password to view: 3j%!36@Y
- Utility Scale Solar in Ohio (May 28, 2019)
- Trans Canada: 100 years of operation in Ohio (March 5, 2019)