Eligible Technologies Under the Program Include:
- technology that is being adopted in a viable commercial-scale operation of a biorefinery that produces an advanced biofuel; and
- technology not described in subparagraph A. that has been demonstrated to have technical and economic potential for commercial application in a biorefinery that produces an advanced biofuel.
The maximum loan guarantee is $250 million
Business Programs, Energy Branch
1400 Independence Avenue, SW, MS3225
Washington, DC 20250-3225
Telephone: (202) 720-1400
The purpose of this section is to assist in the development of new and emerging technologies for the development of advanced biofuels, so as to:
- increase the energy independence of the United States;
- promote resource conservation, public health, and the environment;
- diversify markets for agricultural and forestry products and agriculture waste material; and
- create jobs and enhance the economic development of the rural economy.
Uses and Use Restrictions:
Loan guarantees are made to fund the development, construction, and retrofitting of commercial-scale biorefineries using eligible technology. The maximum loan guarantee is $250 million. Mandatory funding is available through FY 2012.