Blog Entry Creation
- From the Administration menu (the one under your username), click Create content
- From there, choose Blog
- You must add the Title, Categories, and Body. Check Published from Publishing options if it needs to be live. All fields are described with more detail below, under the Blog Entry Fields heading.
View Webex Blog Training Session
Finding Unpublished Blog Entries
Unpublished blog entries are not currently listed on the Blog page list or the category lists. To view all blog entries, click Administer from the Administration menu, then click the Content link under Content Management. From there, you can select Blog from the Type drop-drown and then click filter. You will see a list of all Blog Entries.
Blog Entry Fields
The title of your content will display in an h1 (Heading 1) tag at the top of the content. The title for blog entries will also be used in the Recent Posts list on the homepage.
Select the categories that the blog post is related to. You must select at least one category - choose Other if none of the categories apply to your post.
This field should be ignored for Blog Entries.
This is the main part of the Blog entry. You will create your content here using the editor.
Most of the common tasks that you will be performing are covered well here: FCKEditor - User's Guide - Common Tasks
This field should not be changed from Full HTML.
The attached images field provides a convenient way of adding 1 image to a page or blog entry. Selecting an existing image or upload a new one. The image will display at the top right of the content with the text floated around it. See the Inserting Images heading below for instructions on how to insert multiple images or insert an image in a particular location in the body.
When uploading a new image, make sure to enter an Image title, this will display as a caption under the image.
To replace an image that is attached to a Blog entry, edit the Blog entry. Under Attached images, select None for Existing images. Then upload the new images, and add the image title.
The revision information field will be used rarely.
URL Path Settings
For Blog Entries, this should always be the default - "Automatic alias selected"
If you are creating a Blog Entry for another author, replace your username with the author's username in this field.
The most important checkbox here is the one for Published. If an item is a work in progress or needs to be disabled but not deleted, uncheck this. By default, Blog Entries are not published. So, you will need to check Published when the blog entry is ready to be viewed by the public.
You might come across a situation where the Attached Images field will not work for you. Some examples would be if you need to add multiple images, or place an image at a specific location within the body.
Here are the steps to adding an image that is not an Attached image:
- From the body of your Blog Entry, create a new line where you want your image to appear.
- Click the Add/Insert Image button:
- Click Browse Server and then Browse from the Quick upload field.
- Select and upload your image. If you want the image to be floated to the right or left with text wrapped around it, choose Left or Right under alignment. If you want to center the image, you can do so by clicking Center justify button after you insert the image.
- Click insert
If you have questions or problems, contact Brian Weaver - email@example.com - 614-688-4729